Tuesday, November 3, 2015

AECT 2015 - Day 1 - HPT Workshop

I am once again attending the annual convention of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology. This has been an outstanding conference to attend in the past, and I have appreciated the opportunity to be here again this year.

Dr. Lewis Chongwony elaborates on important HPT concepts.
Today my Franklin University colleague and instructional design faculty member Dr. Lewis Chongwony and I presented a workshop entitled How to Analyze and Improve Human Performance. We took an interactive, project-centered approach in the workshop. There were about 10 participants from universities across the country and internationally. 

Dr. Joel Gardner looks on as participants grapple with real-world human performance problems.

Several of the participants in the Analyzing and Improving Human Performance Workshop.

It was a great experience, and informal feedback from the participants has been positive. We have also distributed an informal survey to participants to gather additional feedback on our work.

I look forward to the next 3 days of the AECT Convention! It is always a great time to reconnect with old friends and colleges, learn about new research in the field, and refresh my vision for where I would like to go in my work in higher education.


No comments: